- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Manchester Storm
- NIHL North round-up: Stylish Sharks seal cup success
- NIHL South round-up: Chieftains surge nine points clear
- Elite League: Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils
- EPL round-up: Lightning keep hunting down the Tigers
- Elite League: Belfast Giants v Nottingham Panthers
- Elite League round-up: It’s getting tight at the top
- SNL round-up: Tigers edge cup thriller against the Kestrels
Schultz says comeback was “huge” for the Capitals
- Updated: 13th December 2016
Edinburgh Capitals‘ hat-trick hero Ian Schultz believes Sunday’s victory over Fife Flyers was a huge result for the team.
The Capitals came from 3-1 down to win 6-3 and Schultz is hoping they can carry that form forward into next weekend’s double-header against Dundee Stars.
“The win was huge for us – this is a very important month for us with lots of Gardiner Conference games,” Schultz told the Edinburgh Evening News.
“We felt we played pretty well on Saturday too (against Braehead Clan), but didn’t get the result we wanted.
“I hate to say this but our poor starts have been our ‘M.O.’ lately, so we don’t panic too much if we go down a couple because we know we have the firepower to come back and we’ve proven that time and time again.
“It’s not a position we want to be in, but we’re okay playing behind the 8-ball early.
“I feel I’ve been getting a few more bounces lately and every week I’m feeling more confident. Hopefully that continues and I can become a real difference maker and we can keep moving forward as a team.”