- Turley praises Pirates’ support team
- Twitter Talk: Fans unimpressed with new EIHL Conferences
- EIHL announce new conference structure
- O’Connor signs new Steelers deal
- BLOG: EPL v NIHL or fruitcake v chocolate fudge cake
- GB defender agrees new Steelers deal
- Stars call on EIHA to provide “leadership and direction”
- BLOG: To whom it may concern
Steelers tie up Desbiens on two-year deal
- Updated: 20th April 2017
Guillaume Desbiens has penned a new two-year deal with Sheffield Steelers.
The 32-year-old joined the club midway through the 2015/16 campaign and has helped the club secure one Elite League title and a play-off crown.
Steelers’ boss Paul Thompson said: “If you’re in the trenches and fighting the biggest battle you have ever fought, you want to know he is there, shoulder-to-shoulder with you.
“He makes everyone feel taller, play harder and is an incredible character to be around.
“Desi is a leader, a warrior and a great Steeler. He offers us everything, he never moans about his responsibilities and ice time and is the most team-oriented player you will find.
“Here is a guy that always puts his teammates, his team, the club before himself. If you want to know why this club wins, it’s because we have men like him wearing our shirt.
“He is right up there as one of the best and most important signings I’ve made as a head coach anywhere.”
(Image permission: Dean Woolley)