- Elite League: Sheffield Steelers v Braehead Clan
- Elite League: Belfast Giants v Nottingham Panthers
- EPL: Peterborough Phantoms v Telford Tigers
- RESULTS: Sunday 22nd January
- RESULTS: Saturday 21st January
- Scholes blasts EPL owners’ “lack of vision”
- BLOG: Attack of the barrack room lawyers
- BLOG: It’s like the Wild West
Quiney joins Bees’ play-off push
- Updated: 6th January 2017
Bracknell Bees have confirmed the signing of defender Rupert Quiney.
The 26-year-old started his senior career in the ENL with Streatham, before joining the GMHL’s Toronto Canada Moose in 2009.
He returned to Britain in 2012, playing for two seasons in the Elite League with Cardiff Devils.
Quiney switched to the EPL in 2014 and has since gone on to win the league and cup double twice with Telford Tigers and Guildford Flames.
Bees’ boss Lukas Smital said: “With the club looking to make a push for a play-off spot when we heard that Rupert was available we had no hesitation in securing his signing.
“His experience and size will certainly boost our defence following the departure of Carl Graham in December and will be valuable moving forward.
“He is a solid, no-nonsense defenseman and we look forward to his contribution for the remainder of the 2016/17 season.”
(Image permission: John Uwins)