- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Fife Flyers
- Hand inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame
- Tigers slam play-off exclusion proposal
- Telford to be banned from EPL play-offs?
- Dixon confident Flames would prevail
- Sheffield to host NIHL North play-off weekend again
Dixon happy with three point return
- Updated: 13th December 2016
Guildford Flames’ Head Coach Paul Dixon says he was pleased with a return of three points from two tricky road games in the EPL last weekend.
Flames won 4-2 at Basingstoke Bison on Saturday and collected a single point the following day after falling to a 4-3 overtime defeat at Telford Tigers.
“Our penalty killing in the second period when we had four in a row, including a very long three on five to dispose of, played a key part of the win against Basingstoke,” said Dixon.
“Dean Skinns was a big part of that, and was outstanding in our net all night long. At the other end we were able to take our best chances when we got them.
“When you are playing back-to-back on the road you definitely want to be sure to bank points in the opener, so that one was a key outcome for the weekend.
“Sunday was a great effort by our guys to stay with it and grab a point despite a large deficit earlier in the game.
“The loss itself was disappointing on the back of such a positive turn of events, but three out of four travelling points against a couple of very skilled sides is good news.”
(Image permission: Steve Brodie)