- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Manchester Storm
- NIHL North round-up: Stylish Sharks seal cup success
- NIHL South round-up: Chieftains surge nine points clear
- Elite League: Coventry Blaze v Cardiff Devils
- EPL round-up: Lightning keep hunting down the Tigers
- Elite League: Belfast Giants v Nottingham Panthers
- Elite League round-up: It’s getting tight at the top
- SNL round-up: Tigers edge cup thriller against the Kestrels
Dixon pleased by Flames’ dominance
- Updated: 28th December 2016
Guildford Flames’ Head Coach Paul Dixon was pleased with his team’s dominance as they picked up four points from their Christmas double-header against Bracknell Bees.
The Flames won 4-2 on the road and followed up with an impressive 7-0 victory on home ice, to leave themselves just two points behind third-placed Basingstoke Bison ahead of the New Year weekend fixtures.
“The Christmas break was very short at just two days, but you still always worry a bit about how you may come out for the next game,” said Dixon.
“In the end I thought we came in looking ready to play – we dominated shots and territorial play, and we were deserving of the points.
“Back on home ice we were even more dominant and noticeably sharper, and it showed in our ability to carry the play for large stretches.
“It’s a great way to kick off the back portion of the schedule, and we look forward to a short turnaround this week to be back at it Saturday and Sunday.”
(Image permission: John Uwins)