- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Fife Flyers
- Hand inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame
- Tigers slam play-off exclusion proposal
- Telford to be banned from EPL play-offs?
- Dixon confident Flames would prevail
- Sheffield to host NIHL North play-off weekend again
Flames add Finn ahead of final stretch
- Updated: 11th January 2017
Guildford Flames have confirmed the signing of forward Kari Sihvonen.
The 33-year-old brings a wealth of European experience to the EPL, having previously iced in Finland, Kazakhstan and Sweden.
Head Coach Paul Dixon said: “We have a clearer picture of our injury situation now, and they are not all going to be short term issues so we have to make an addition.
“Kari is a very experienced player at a world class level, and we are excited to get another player of that calibre into our line-up.
“We have played much better over the past couple of months and have banked nearly 75% of potential table points over a fifteen game run.
“We want to keep that going in the final stretch here and into the play-offs. This will hopefully be a boost in helping that aspiration.”
(Image permission: Antti Romsi)