- NIHL1 North: Blackburn Hawks v Telford Tigers NIHL
- Elite League: Belfast Giants v Dundee Stars
- Watkins: EPL Cup format is “ridiculous”
- NIHL North round-up: Stylish Sharks seal cup success
- NIHL South round-up: Chieftains surge nine points clear
- EPL round-up: Lightning keep hunting down the Tigers
- Elite League round-up: It’s getting tight at the top
- SNL round-up: Tigers edge cup thriller against the Kestrels
Hand adds Bailey to Phoenix roster
- Updated: 26th August 2016
Manchester Phoenix have signed promising young forward Scott Bailey.
The 19-year-old progressed through the junior systems at Guildford and Slough, before moving to the Ontario Hockey Academy in 2013/14.
Bailey spent last season with Carolina Eagles in the USPHL Elite League and was due to join the Ogden Mustangs in the Western States Hockey League, but following problems with the US Immigration Service he decided to return to Britain.
“I was really looking forward to playing for Ogden, but the immigration red tape brought no end of problems with getting my visa so I decided to head home and see if I could get picked up,” said Bailey.
“I was training at Basingstoke when their coach Doug Sheppard told me Tony Hand was interested in signing me. Believe me, it did not take me long to sign for the great man.
“I’m looking forward to playing for Manchester. I’ve heard such great things about them and can’t wait to start in September.”