- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Fife Flyers
- Hand inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame
- Tigers slam play-off exclusion proposal
- Telford to be banned from EPL play-offs?
- Dixon confident Flames would prevail
- Sheffield to host NIHL North play-off weekend again
O’Flaherty returns to Phoenix
- Updated: 14th October 2016
Manchester Phoenix have confirmed forward Gareth O’Flaherty has re-signed for the club after a brief spell with Hull Pirates.
O’Flaherty made 53 appearances for Phoenix last season, but elected to join the Pirates during the summer.
He featured in 10 EPL games this season, before being surprisingly released earlier this week.
“My first port of call was to speak to the Phoenix, and although I was aware of interest from other teams, I was keen to re-sign for Manchester,” said O’Flaherty.
“I’m very pleased with how quickly the move has come about and can’t wait to get started.”
Phoenix Director of Hockey Tony Hand added: “As soon as Gareth became available, I knew we needed to talk.
“He’s played for Phoenix before, so I know his style and strengths and how he will fit into our team.
“I’m confident that Gareth will once again become a valuable asset for the Phoenix.”