- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Fife Flyers
- Hand inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame
- Tigers slam play-off exclusion proposal
- Telford to be banned from EPL play-offs?
- Dixon confident Flames would prevail
- Sheffield to host NIHL North play-off weekend again
Phoenix head to Widnes for the rest of the season
- Updated: 9th January 2017
Manchester Phoenix will play the remainder of their EPL home games this season at Widnes Ice Rink.
A statement on their official website confirmed the club has ditched plans for a temporary facility in Manchester due it being no longer economically viable.
The club has also released all of its imported playing staff and will ice an all-British roster for the remainder of the season.
Phoenix Director of Hockey Tony Hand said: “The last couple of seasons has been tough for Neil (Morris) and I but we both believe in the end game.
“The road has been difficult, but sometimes what does not break you just makes you stronger.
“I’m looking forward to working with a good group of British trained players that will work their heart out for what are probably the best fans in ice hockey, the Phoenix Faithful.”
(Image permission: Tony Sargent)