- NIHL1 North: Blackburn Hawks v Telford Tigers NIHL
- Elite League: Belfast Giants v Dundee Stars
- Watkins: EPL Cup format is “ridiculous”
- NIHL North round-up: Stylish Sharks seal cup success
- NIHL South round-up: Chieftains surge nine points clear
- EPL round-up: Lightning keep hunting down the Tigers
- Elite League round-up: It’s getting tight at the top
- SNL round-up: Tigers edge cup thriller against the Kestrels
Phoenix sign former Predators draft pick
- Updated: 3rd November 2016
Manchester Phoenix have signed Czech forward Vaclav Meidl.
The 30-year-old was drafted by the Nashville Predators in 2004 and boasts a wealth of experience in North America and the Czech Republic.
He has also represented his country at U18 and U20 levels.
Phoenix Director of Hockey Tony Hand said: “We had a bit of luck finding Vaclav available so late into the season. He has an excellent pedigree and has North American experience as well.
“He will fit nicely into the lines as we look to get a winning run going in the league.”
Meidl replaces Jakub Langhammer on the Phoenix roster after his release by the club earlier this week.