- NIHL1 North: Blackburn Hawks v Telford Tigers NIHL
- Elite League: Belfast Giants v Dundee Stars
- Watkins: EPL Cup format is “ridiculous”
- NIHL North round-up: Stylish Sharks seal cup success
- NIHL South round-up: Chieftains surge nine points clear
- EPL round-up: Lightning keep hunting down the Tigers
- Elite League round-up: It’s getting tight at the top
- SNL round-up: Tigers edge cup thriller against the Kestrels
Thurston returns to British game with Phoenix
- Updated: 11th December 2016
Manchester Phoenix have confirmed the signing of forward Craig Thurston.
The 21-year-old spent the majority of the last two seasons in the Western States Hockey League with Cheyenne Stampede.
Thurston started his senior career in 2011 with Hull Stingrays’ ENL2 North side, before stepping up into D1 with Sutton Sting and Solway Sharks.
He moved to the United States in 2014, bagging 14 goals with 20 assists in 43 games for the Stampede. Thurston signed for the EPL’s Hull Pirates at the start of last season, but soon headed back across the pond to re-sign for the WSHL club.
Phoenix Director of Hockey Tony Hand said: “Craig will fit in well with the team, giving us that extra third line option for the rest of the season as we look to close the gap on Bracknell and Sheffield.”
(Image permission: David Morrison)