- SNL: Kirkcaldy Kestrels v Moray Typhoons
- GB name squad for two matches against Norway
- Clan boss “frustrated” by his team
- Watkins wants Tigers to be more ruthless
- NIHL North round-up: Warriors shoot down disappointing Hawks
- NIHL South round-up: Chieftains still top after Thunder romp
- Elite League round-up: Lord at the double as Devils edge ahead
- EPL round-up: It’s a win-win for the top two
Telford Tigers launch radio station
- Updated: 8th October 2015
Telford Tigers will hit the airwaves during every home game this season, after the club launched its very own online radio station.
BBC presenter Paul Shuttleworth, alongside former Tigers captain Alan Gould, will front the coverage, which is available at www.tigershockeyuk.com/tigers-
Test transmissions have already seen hundreds of fans tune into the commentary, including last weekend’s dramatic win over Bracknell Bees.
Paul Baker, Director of Tigers owners Red Hockey, said: “Increasing our reach to fans, old and new, is a central part of our plan for Telford Tigers.
“We want to make as many people as possible aware of how great Tigers home games are. The drama of our win over Bracknell was just a taste of that atmosphere.
“We have already received rave reviews of Paul and Alan’s commentary and in the long term, they will help to increase attendances at Telford Ice Rink.”
Paul Shuttleworth spent ten years as a referee in the Ice Hockey Superleague, before commentating for the BBC on several occasions.
Alan Gould, meanwhile, was part of Telford Tigers’ title-winning side in 1988, before chairing the supporters’ trust that ran the club from 2009.
Paul Baker added: “Both Alan and Paul carry a great deal of experience, which we want to convey to supporters through this commentary.
“Of course, away fans will be able to tune in and listen, which will in turn help to increase interest in ice hockey throughout the country.
“The radio station will also be available for sponsorship, giving companies the chance to expose their brand to a unique audience.”