- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Fife Flyers v Dundee Stars
- Elite League: Edinburgh Capitals v Fife Flyers
- Hand inducted into the IIHF Hall of Fame
- Tigers slam play-off exclusion proposal
- Telford to be banned from EPL play-offs?
- Dixon confident Flames would prevail
- Sheffield to host NIHL North play-off weekend again
Elite League round-up: Double delight for Blaze
- Updated: 9th January 2017
Coventry Blaze enjoyed a productive weekend in the Elite League after recording a pair of hard-fought victories.
Barry Almeida’s overtime strike sealed a 4-3 success at Cardiff Devils, while Robin Bergman grabbed the decider as Blaze won 3-2 at home to Nottingham Panthers.
League leaders Cardiff bounced back from their defeat against Coventry to triumph 3-2 after a shoot-out at Braehead Clan – Jake Morrissette grabbed the winner.
Belfast Giants split their weekend double-header on home ice against Sheffield Steelers, winning the first game 2-1 after overtime before falling 4-1 in the second meeting.
Robert Farmer bagged the winner as Nottingham secured a 4-3 overtime victory at home to Braehead.
Fife Flyers collected four points from their double-header against Manchester Storm, winning 4-2 at Altrincham and 3-1 back on home ice.
Edinburgh Capitals ended a seven-game losing streak courtesy of a 3-2 home win against Dundee, but the Stars gained their revenge in the reverse fixture with a 6-0 success.
Belfast Giants 2-1 Sheffield Steelers (OT)
Cardiff Devils 3-4 Coventry Blaze (OT)
Edinburgh Capitals 3-2 Dundee Stars
Manchester Storm 2-4 Fife Flyers
Nottingham Panthers 4-3 Braehead Clan (OT)
Belfast Giants 1-4 Sheffield Steelers
Braehead Clan 2-3 Cardiff Devils (SO)
Coventry Blaze 3-2 Nottingham Panthers (SO)
Dundee Stars 6-0 Edinburgh Capitals
Fife Flyers 3-1 Manchester Storm
(Image permission: Scott Wiggins)