- Turley praises Pirates’ support team
- Twitter Talk: Fans unimpressed with new EIHL Conferences
- EIHL announce new conference structure
- O’Connor signs new Steelers deal
- BLOG: EPL v NIHL or fruitcake v chocolate fudge cake
- GB defender agrees new Steelers deal
- Stars call on EIHA to provide “leadership and direction”
- BLOG: To whom it may concern
McKenzie agrees another year with the Dragons
- Updated: 10th April 2017
Deeside Dragons have confirmed Scott McKenzie has agreed a second season as the club’s Player/Coach.
The Dragons retained their NIHL North Moralee D1 status after beating Widnes Wild in a promotion/relegation game at the start of April and McKenzie is keen to drive the club forward next term.
“This season has been somewhat turbulent, but we feel that we’ve made some real positive changes within the dynamics of the Dragons organisation,” said McKenzie.
“We have a brand new supporters club, a great off-ice staff and now it is about building on the terrific season we’ve just had.
“There will be a few changes within the structure of the league this summer, but it shouldn’t affect the building process for us personally.
“We’ve earned our right to compete in the Moralee Conference and we will build a team that is able to compete in that league.
“I’m excited to be staying in the Dragons colours and look forward to seeing what the future holds for our great club
“We would also like to thank the supporters who’ve been fantastic this season in every way possible in supporting the team, from sponsoring players shirts to buying raffle tickets.
“Without you guys we would not have a team, so thanks once again for your fantastic support.”
(Image permission: PSD-Images)