Cardiff Devils have been nominated by the Alliance of European Hockey Clubs (EHC) for the prestigious Club of the Year award.
The nominations have been determined by a group of selected hockey experts from eight European countries, with the Devils chosen after winning their first ever Elite League title in 2016/17 to qualify for the Champions Hockey League.
Cardiff will be up against Frölunda Gothenburg (Sweden), SC Bern (Switzerland), Tappara Tampere (Finland) and Vienna Capitals (Austria).
The nomination list is as follows:
- Cardiff Devils (EIHL, GBR) – First national title in 20 years, Challenge Cup, Champions Hockey League qualification
- Frölunda Gothenburg (SHL, SWE) – Three titles in 12 months, CHL16 – SHL16 – CHL17
- SC Bern (NLA, SUI) – From 8th to 1st in NLA, for 16th straight year best Euro attendance (over 16,000)
- Tappara Tampere (Liiga, FIN) – Dominated like their 1970-80s glory days, winning regular season and play-off titles
- Vienna Capitals (EBEL, AUT) – Complete dominance, regular season title and 12-0 run in play-offs
The winners will be announced prior to the Fenix Outdoor European Hockey Awards dinner in Prague, Czech Republic on Tuesday, 13th June.