It’s Friday so that means it’s time to find out more about the players that wear the colours for the sport in this country so we set them 12 questions (2+10 for those whose numbers aren’t their strong point) to learn about the characters we have.
This week, Belfast Giants captain Blair Riley took the 2+10 test and, as ever, his answers were very interesting.
1. If you were the coach and money was no object, which player would you bring in and why
Connor McDavid without a doubt. He’s young, extremely talented and seems like a good humble leader for any franchise.
2. Which sporting event, other than Game Seven of a Stanley Cup Final and anywhere in the world, would you most like to see?
I’m a big American Football fan so I would have to say the Super Bowl, preferably somewhere sunny and warm.
3. Which sport, other than ice hockey, do you enjoy on TV?
NFL, but also enjoy baseball and golf
4. If you were stuck on a desert island and you had one DVD or Boxset you could watch, what would it be?
Game of Thrones
5. If there was fire at your home and all your family and pets were safe, what one item would you rush back in to save?
6. If you hosted a chat show, which three guests would be at the top of your list?
Conor McGregor, Barack Obama and Eminem
7. Who would play you in a movie of your life and who would be your leading lady?
Hugh Jackman and Scarlett Johansson
8. If you had to choose another job, what would you like to do?
Sports Performance Trainer
9. If you were to become a sports journalist, how would you change the coverage of ice hockey in the UK press?
I wouldn’t change it necessarily, just more interesting content from all areas would help to create more fan interest and interaction
10. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
That wouldn’t be appropriate for this interview lol
11. Tell us something about you nobody knows
I used to be a Subway sandwich artist
12. What will you do after you’ve finished this interview?
It’s time for my afternoon nap