We’re back to put 12 (2+10, geddit?) questions to a top player or coach in British Ice Hockey and this week, our first coach takes the test as Coventry Blaze coach Danny Stewart ponders our difficult dozen.
Here’s what he had to say:
1. If you were the coach and money was no object, which player would you bring in and why?
Connor McDavid….because he’s the best player in the world
2. Which sporting event, other than Game Seven of a Stanley Cup Final and anywhere in the world, would you most like to see?
Game 7 of the World Series (Baseball)
3. Which sport, other than ice hockey, do you enjoy on TV?
4. If you were stuck on a desert island and you had one DVD or Boxset you could watch, what would it be?
5. If there was fire at your home and all your family and pets were safe, what one item would you rush back in to save?
It would have to be my phone
6. If you hosted a chat show, which three guests would be at the top of your list?
Michael Tasker, Ronnie Herd, and Vladimir Putin (I’m a big fan!)
7. Who would play you in a movie of your life and who would be your leading lady?
Jason Statham and 90’s version Angelina Jolie
8. If you had to choose another job, what would you like to do?
9. If you were to become a sports journalist, how would you change the coverage of ice hockey in the UK press?
I would never become that.
10. What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
Telling you would be
11. Tell us something about you nobody knows…..
I’m a big fan of Celine Dion
12. What will you do after you’ve finished this interview?
Go to Costco and get a big slice of Pizza with my daughter Isabel