Good morning, hockey fans!
We’re almost at the weekend so for the final time this week, we’re bringing you the headlines from up and down the country and there’s only one place to start.
Belfast Giants host Cardiff Devils in a double header, starting tonight and the two teams at the top of the Elite League table are getting ready for a big couple of nights of action.
- Adam Keefe gave his pre-game thoughts on the Belfast Giants website
- BBC Wales Sport have previewed the game, looking at both teams
- Former Devils and Giants forward Jon Pelle revealed who he thinks will go on and win the title, but offered an apology in doing so (British Ice Hockey) and the full interview can be heard on the BIH AudioBoom page.
- Cardiff Devils coach Andrew Lord admits he’s enjoyed the challenge of the Giants this season (British Ice Hockey)
- Belfast Giants coach Adam Keefe says his team’s fans can make a difference at the SSE Arena (British Ice Hockey)
- Plus, extra seats have been added for the game too (Belfast Giants)
There’s been something strangely familiar about Sheffield Steelers coach Tom Barrasso’s post game comments recently (Sheffield Star)
Nottingham Panthers look ahead to their visit by Glasgow Clan on Saturday night (Nottingham Panthers)
Glasgow Clan captain Zack Fitzgerald talks about winning their first silverware of the season after the lifted the Gardiner Conference trophy earlier this week (Glasgow Clan)
Dundee Stars have provided some travel information for away games coming soon (Dundee Stars)
Fife Flyers assistant coach Jeff Hutchins says injuries are not an excuse as they try to cement a place in the top eight (Fife Today Sport)
Staying in Fife, forward Danick Gauthier is pleased to rack up the minutes of ice time as the team suffer with injuries to their players (Fife Today Sport)
Did you miss any of the action from last week? We’ve got you covered on British Ice Hockey with highlights across the games.
Don’t forget, there’s a big night in Sheffield on Saturday as the Steelers play host to their Pride Night
🏳️🌈 | Saturday night will be the Steelers first Pride event at the @SheffieldArena
The boys will be wearing a special jersey for the occasion that will be raffled off on the night
— Sheffield Steelers (@steelershockey) February 21, 2019