The summertime is awash with signing news to whet the appetite for many hockey starved fans in the past few days, so we’ve rounded them up as best we can and will do so going forward.
So here’s the latest players who have made their move in the recent days, starting in the Elite League:
- Guildford Flames have continued their preparations for the new signing by bringing in young English forward Mac Howlett, who played for Coventry Blaze in the Elite Series and spent two seasons with Glasgow Clan
- Sheffield Steelers added two familiar faces to their roster for the new season as Tanner Eberle and Anthony DeLuca committed to Aaron Fox’s side for another campaign. This was followed up by the news that John Armstrong was returning for what will be his fifth season with the club.
- Coventry Blaze also added to their ranks with the news that long-serving Ross Venus was returning for his 11th campaign for Danny Stewart’s men, completing Blaze’s British core of players
- Belfast Giants kept the big announcements coming as Ciaran Long and Lewis Hook returned from Elite Series duty with Manchester Storm and Nottingham Panthers respectively. Also joining them is 27-year-old Canadian forward Slater Doggett from Slovakian side HC Nove Zamky.
🚨SIGNING NEWS 🚨
Everyone Active Raiders are delighted to announce the new addition of defenceman Tom Relf ahead of the 2021-22 season!
— Raiders IHC (@Raiders_IHC) July 6, 2021
- Defenceman Thomas Relf has bid a fond farewell to Sheffield Steeldogs to join National League rivals Raiders after winning the Streaming Series and Spring Cup with them last season
- Adam Wood has said his goodbyes to Streatham after seven years, opting for a move to the North East coast, he said in the linked statement on the club’s website
- Oxford City Stars have added netminder Matthew Croyle to their roster, after he left Widnes Wild
- Speaking of goalies, Tyler Perre has departed from Swindon Wildcats to take up an offer from Bristol Pitbulls, where he’ll work with Loris Taylor
- It was double trouble for Solihull Barons, who welcomed back forward pair, brothers Phil and Dan Mulcahy, after they guested for Milton Keynes Thunder in recent short-form tournaments.