It’s Monday morning so as the dust settles on another hectic weekend of action, we pick out the top ten tweets that tickled us over the last few days.
1. Belfast Giants enjoyed the Rugby World Cup on Sunday morning, at the expense of their Scottish players
Great start @IrishRugby👏
— Belfast Giants (@BelfastGiants) September 22, 2019
2. After four straight losses, you can’t really blame them, can you?
WINNING FEELING 🙌🏻 pic.twitter.com/46U01PM5OQ
— Coventry Blaze 🐲🏒 (@covblazehockey) September 22, 2019
3. They’re celebrating a four-point weekend in Dundee. And you need The Office GIF to go with it of course
— David Brockie (@DaveBrockie18) September 22, 2019
4. Mystic Mathieu, anyone?
"We need to start winning games and I think we'll gonna start in Cardiff on Saturday" – @TheCat151515 on Clan Chat, looking ahead to the weekend. He called it bang on @ClanIHC fans. What he didn't do was give us the Euromillions numbers for Tuesday
— Craig @ BIH (@BIHCraig) September 21, 2019
5. Paul twisting the question to suit his answer. Why wouldn’t you, to be fair?
Nottingham Panthers 8 Sheffield steelers 0🤪 https://t.co/sNFYqW3lSx
— Paul Braisby (@PaulBraisby) September 19, 2019
6. A mixed weekend for the Steelers and this fan is looking for one of their players
Martin St Pierre
If found please return to Sheffield Steelers c/o Sheffield Arena.
— Tricky (@Grumpy_Tricky) September 21, 2019
7. When Milton Keynes Lightning needed a white knight to step up and take the mic, it seems one literally appeared
Shout out to last night's announcer 🎤! Peter Sawyer, likes trains 🚂, history and he’s an author 📚. For work he is a kids entertainer 🥳 and started watching Hockey 🏒 in Nov 2017. We'd like to give big thanks 🙏 to him for stepping up. Great job Peter well done! 👍 pic.twitter.com/LhCZjhiSmQ
— MK Lightning Ice Hockey (@MKLightningIHC) September 22, 2019
8. Always great to see people rediscovering the sport
@BisonHockey 1st hockey game in 20+ years since watching the Paisley Pirates (Scotland) as a kid. It was the Mrs 1st ever hockey game too….she loved it! 😀 Will definitely be back! 😊 Great game, atmosphere and win 🏒 #bison
— Gav Travers (@GavTravers) September 21, 2019
9. Thanks for the warning. Although John Dibble would have probably saved that N’Golo Kante goal
So today I’ll be watching hockey and tweeting updates whilst also listening to Chelsea v Liverpool. If you end up reading about a Mo Salah hat-trick (🤞) in the @InvictaDynamos updates you know why.
Come on the Mos! ⚪️🔵⚪️
Come on the Reds! 🔴🔴🔴
— Paul B. (@peab23) September 22, 2019
10. This week’s value for money award goes to…
— Billingham IHSC 🏒💫 (@BigRedMachineSC) September 22, 2019