Following a review by an independent panel, the five-game ban from the Department of Player Safety on Cardiff Devils defenseman Tyson Marsh has been reduced to a total of two games.
Fans across Britain took to Twitter to discuss the decision:
Well. At least Marsh gets his chance to answer the call on 19th Dec. Come on in Tyson, Mr Janssen will see you now.
— the_empty_net (@elliott_stanley) December 10, 2015
If we had lost every game of the triple header with tyson marsh playing I can guarantee only a handful of dull fans would be complaining.
— Rhys Jon Jones (@RhysProGreen) December 10, 2015
Interesting the number of folk giving the league and DoPS a kicking following the Tyson Marsh appeal decision – when neither made that call
— Ronnie Nichol (@RonnieWNichol) December 10, 2015
Disappointed in Kelman tbh. Nailed his colours to the mast. Appealing the ban was, in itself, bringing the game into disrepute. Laughable.
— the_empty_net (@elliott_stanley) December 11, 2015
Embarrassing call by DOPs on the Tyson Marsh appeal.You have left the door wide open now for someone to get away very seriously injuring.
— mat dowman (@ridrod267) December 11, 2015
Marsh debate rumbles on. I say 'debate', but 99% of people agree it's a shocking decision. The other 1% are the review panel. Madness.
— HockeyBG (@HockeyBG) December 11, 2015